The Jungle Top
Ten: Codices by
2013 comes to a close, I thought I would rank the top 10
current codices. I am basing my power rankings on
effectiveness of the army, variety of builds, and enjoyment of
play. Here goes:
10. Dark Angels. Wth the release of Codex: Space Marines, Deathwing are the only reason to use this book.
9. Chaos Space Marines. Other than the Heldrake, is there anything exciting here?
I mean, be honest
8. Chaos Daemons. Flying Monstrous Creatures galore, but a really quirky army.
7. Dark Eldar. Good speed and dirty tricks almost make up for their glass jaw.
6. Eldar. Yeah, Wave Serpents are good, but there is more to like, too.
With those helmet antlers, he and Loki must patronize the same hatmaker.
5. Imperial Guard. Ranged heavy weapons rule in Sixth Edition.
4. Tau Empire. Ignoring cover saves and overwatching at full BS make them good.
3. Space Marines. These guys have some pretty cool options.
"There! Point the new anti-flyer tanks THAT way!"
2. Necrons. The "lying circus" is taking hits as new 'dexes are released, but still hard to deal with.
1. Farsight Enclaves Supplement.
"I know: let's replace those boring Tau Troop choices with Crisis
suits!" Make an army with nothing but Crisis Suits, Riptides, and
Broadsides: the end (of your opponents, that is).
Like Zeppelin's fourth album, it's too cool for a cover title
Top Ten Lists
Posted November 2013. All images copyright Games Workshop November 2013. Used for review purposes.